Sunday, September 25, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!

Hello world wide web. My name is Eric and this is my blog.

I created this blog because it is an assignment for my journalism class, but I have been meaning to do this for a really long time. As you probably gathered from the title of my blog, this blog is going to be dedicated to sports, more specifically Bay Area Sports. Through this blog, I want to write about the professional teams: Oakland Athletics, Oakland Raiders, Golden State Warriors, San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco Giants, and San Jose Giants. In addition to the professional teams, I am also going to cover college sports for two Bay Area colleges, University of California Berkeley and Stanford University.

Ever since I began playing both Little League baseball and youth league soccer, I have developed a passion, some call it an obsession, with sports. I was fascinated by the split second decisions players have to make which decide ball games. Do I throw it now? How hard should I throw it? Should I run? These questions players ask themselves are what intrigues me about sports.

Another reason why I love sports is listening to the play by play announcers and the people who voice their opinions about what is going on the world of sports. I love listening to the announcers break down a play to show what made is successful or what made is a disastrous failure. During breaks in the game, half time, and after the game, I love to hear what the professional sports analysts have to say about what a team needs, what a team needs to do, and why a team won or lost because during the games, I develop my own opinions and I want to find out whether or not the analysts agree with me.

Through this blog, I want to voice my own opinions about Bay Area sports and analyze games.

Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

  1. Are you participating in any sports currently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you will be able to comment on other teams in relation to the Bay Area. I am curious about how it stands compared to say, St. Louis or New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never someone who could watch sports, let alone pay attention enough to understand what was going on. Football was especially difficult because the teams run at each other and within 15 seconds at most the play ends. I usually find sports more exciting when someone is writing about it and I wonder what your perspective is when you watch or listen to sports. And last comment, you seem very passionate about sports so my question is do you want to have a career in the sports industry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have a real interest and passion for sports. It would be beneficial to include any personal experiences you have had in sports as well as coverage of major bay area sports teams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited for this blog! Especially since you will be covering my favorite college football team, Stanford. Looking froward to your posts! Also are you only going to be restricted to Bay Area sports?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going to limit yourself to just Bay Area sports, or are you also planning on covering major sporting events too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think some sports are interesting to watch. I think this would be a great way to keep up with the sports.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never really been that much into sports, but I have complete appreciation for those who play. I think I will obtain more information about sports by reading your blog instead of watching the games, simply because I have the attention span of a two year old. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE SPORTS. I enjoy watching sports and even playing some as well. My favorite bay area team has to be the Golden State Warriors. You should have more posts about them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also enjoy the announcers, especially when they're enthusiastic about it and your listening to a game on the radio! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete